Family Health is seeking a Community Health Worker (CHW) who will be responsible for working with Family Health’s staff, and other HCSI (Healing Community Studies Initiative) organizations, in helping clients and their families, who are struggling with OUD (Opioid Use Disorder) navigate community services, obtain resources, and adopt healthy behaviors. Their primary responsibilities will include promoting, maintaining, and improving the health of OUD clients and their families through social support, referral, informal education/counseling, and advocacy at the individual and community level. Community outreach, such as home visits and collaboration with community agencies will be required. This position may require irregular hours. This position will also require travel by the employee in his/her own vehicle or one provided through Family Health. Must
Responsible for establishing trusting relationships and effective communication with clients and their families while providing general support and encouragement.
* High school graduate or GED
* Successful completion of a Community Health Worker formal training program such as from a college or other education institution.
* Comprehensive knowledge of all available services provided at Family Health, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
* Communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, managing multiple priorities, effective time management practices, de-escalation skills, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
*Manage time and deal with multiple priorities, problem solving, exercise sound judgment, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer. Encourage staff to work towards their full potential and to provide excellent services to our clients and their fellow co-workers.
* Verifiable good driving record and reliable transportation
* Possess ability to relate to all persons of various economic levels and cultural orientation who present for services at Family Health.
Family Health offers a full-time benefit package, including PTO, paid holidays, and retirement plan.
Qualified applicants please send resume to HR@familyhealthservices.org